Monday 23 January 2017

Travel app

I met with Lorraine on Thursday to discuss my app. I was very happy when she said that it sounded like a good app as I had put a lot of thought into it over Christmas. I have started creating the Gantt chart today also. Some ideas that I have so far on the app are:

Beyond borders: promote engagement between people of diverse background in ways that recognise difference, create connections and cultivate respect.

My aim is to connect people through travel. There is no better way to promote cultural understanding than travel. Seeing other people's cultures first hand and connecting people from diverse backgrounds with a common interest on social media. This app aims to engage people in positive ways by celebrating cultural differences. I want peopple to be able to share their own story to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and even LinkedIn. I want this app to give hope for a better world of cultural understanding, an interest in travel and understanding other people's lives. This app will host positivity only, there will be no negative options. Also, the people who will be drawn to this will be people who already have an interest in travel and hopefully they will tell other's about this so that it reaches a diverse audience.
This app will essentially be...in a line... 'social media for the seasoned backpacker'.

I have checked many domain names for this app and some of my favourite ones that are currently available are 'seasonedbackpacker.com' and 'Itooktheroadlesstravelled.com'. I will check with Lorraine if we can use any name we like or if we are limited to free domain names. This is just a prototype for an app so maybe this rule does not apply.

I will have a bit of a spiel to promote the app:
"Calling all travel buddies far and wide, I have created this app for the seasoned traveller....Where is the most remote place that you have ever been? Where is the hidden gem that you can't wait to tell a friend about or hear about yourself? Share your story or verify other people's stories by giving it a green tick. Feel free to like any stoies you see by giving them a star. This app aims to celebrate off the beaten track travel. Unlock a whole new world."

It's a big world out there and every nation can benefit from income generated through tourism. I want people to share hidden gems. The places you don't find in your average travel guide. Wi-fi is everywhere in developing countries. I aim to diminish the use of travel handbooks, find travel locations for free online.

No comments:

Post a Comment